The ISF Academy welcomes people of all nationalities and backgrounds. We seek a talented and diverse student
body and faculty to promote the robust exchange of ideas and experiences and enhance learning opportunities.
To be eligible for admission to The ISF Academy, the following criteria must be met:
- Agree with The ISF Academy's educational philosophy;
- Agree to collaborate with The ISF Academy and be a part of our learning community to support their child's learning and development; and
- Agree to abide by the school's rules and regulations.
- Possess Hong Kong residency OR a foreign passport with a parent/legal guardian who is employed and resides in Hong Kong with a valid work permit;
- Demonstrate satisfactory social skills (e.g. willingness to communicate, curiosity to learn, teamwork); and
- Achieve satisfactory results in the admissions assessments.
Preference is given to applicants whose language abilities the school believes will enable them to succeed in our
Grade 1 to Grade 11
Appropriate proficiency in both Chinese (Putonghua) and English. Where necessary, The ISF Academy may
implement a “Scaffolding Program” for enrolled students requiring added language reinforcement (additional fees
Students should be the correct age for their grade as shown below:
|Grade Level||Minimum Age* (by August 31 of year of entry)||Section (local equivalent by age)||Program||For 2017-18 Admissions (Applicants are born between dates shown below)|
|Foundation Year||4 years 8 months||Kindergarden 3||The ISF Academy Program #||September 1, 2011 and December 31, 2012|
|Grade 1||5 years 8 months||Primary 1||September 1, 2010 and December 31, 2011|
|Grade 2||6 years 8 months||Primary 2||September 1, 2009 and December 31, 2010|
|Grade 3||7 years 8 months||Primary 3||September 1, 2008 and December 31, 2009|
|Grade 4||8 years 8 months||Primary 4||September 1, 2007 and December 31, 2008|
|Grade 5||9 years 8 months||Primary 5||September 1, 2006 and December 31, 2007|
|Grade 6||10 years 8 months||Primary 6||An Authorized IB World School for the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme® (IB MYP)||September 1, 2005 and December 31, 2006|
|Grade 7||11 years 8 months||Secondary 1||September 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005|
|Grade 8||12 years 8 months||Secondary 2||September 1, 2003 and December 31, 2004|
|Grade 9||13 years 8 months||Secondary 3||September 1, 2002 and December 31, 2003|
|Grade 10||14 years 8 months||Secondary 4||September 1, 2001 and December 31, 2002|
|Grade 11||15 years 8 months||Secondary 5||An Authorized IB World School for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme® (IB DP)||September 1, 2000 and December 31, 2001|
|Grade 12||16 years 8 months||Secondary 6||September 1, 1999 and December 31, 2000|
# The ISF Academy Primary Program is the school’s educational program in a bilingual immersion model that prepares our students for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Programmes®. MYP is the IB Middle Years Programme® and DP is the IB Diploma Programme®.
* Applicants, particularly Foundation Year and Grade 1 applicants, need to meet the minimum age requirement for the grade applied. The age range for students in each grade is typically 16 months. For example, students applying for Grade 1 would be between 5 years 8 months to 7 years on August 31 in the year of entry. Parents whose children are born from September 1 to December 31 have the option of applying for the higher grade, or the lower grade, or both grades. For example a child born on September 13, 2011 can submit applications for both Foundation Year 2017-18 as well as Grade 1 2017-18. Please note that if a child is applying for both grades, then two application fees and two assessments are required, one assessment being for the lower grade and the other assessment being for the higher grade. Based on the assessments and interview process, the child will be placed in the more appropriate grade.
PRIORITIES IN ADMISSIONS
Every applicant must pass the admissions assessments, complete the entire admissions process, and fulfill all the admissions requirements to be considered for enrollment. The ISF Academy does not guarantee admission to siblings and Capital Note Nominees.
Admissions priority will be given to Capital Note Nominees. Applicants with siblings currently studying at The ISF Academy and/or The ISF Pre-School who pass the admissions assessment will also be looked upon favorably in the selection process. Nominees of Capital Note Holders and/or siblings will be given an opportunity for a re-assessment should they not pass the initial admissions assessment. Please contact our Admissions Office for details of admissions-related benefits for nominees of Capital Note Holders.
The school's curriculum is academically very rigorous. All applicants, regardless of whether they have been identified as having Special Educational Needs, must meet our admissions requirements and pass the admissions assessment to be accepted into the school.