Education Technology System Developer
- Responsible for the management and provision of technical development and support of applications that comprise the school’s EdTech systems, including Moodle;
- Support integration of internal EdTech systems and platforms with external platforms;
- Design and deliver systems, in conjunction with the Head of EdTech, Head of Primary ICT, Academic Performance staff, HoS, GLLs and Head of IT that facilitate the construction of a holistic educational digital profile of student growth and development;
- Promote the ongoing utilization of existing platforms as aligned with the school’s mission and vision and Educational Technology strategic implementation plans;
- Collaborate with divisional stakeholders to determine the effective use of online platforms and determine additional needs or areas for improvement;
- Participate in all aspects of application/platform development life cycle;
- Create clear and accurate technical documentation;
- Hands-on design, develop and debug of systems;
- Ensure accurate system updates and data sharing; and
- Support the uploading and embedding of multimedia content on EdTech systems and platforms.
- Responsible for administering, maintaining, testing and implementing updates for Moodle and MySQL database.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- 5+ years of development experience;
- Experience working with web APIs;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English. Written and spoken Chinese, including Mandarin, is a bonus;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience working in a team oriented, collaborative work environment;
- Experience working with version control systems (preferably Git);
- Experience with the integration (linking) of different platforms;
- Good problem-solving skills; and
- A self-starter and self-motivated autonomous worker with effective time management abilities.
- Experience working with or developing for Moodle or another LMS platform;
- Experience working with LAMP stack: Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP; and
- Experience working with web SOAP, REST or XML.
Please send in your completed forms together with full curriculum vitae and covering letter,
BY EMAIL to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BY MAIL to: HR Office, The ISF Academy, 1 Kong Sin Wan Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong (mark the position’s REF code on the envelope)