Reporting to the Head of Basketball and working closely with the Academy Sport Teams Department, this position will assist in the efficient and effective operation of the Basketball program at The ISF Academy. Conduct lessons for all levels as per the Basketball program. Maintain a consistent standard and ensure all programs achieve positive results.
- Deliver hands on teaching and instruction of the Basketball program at The ISF Academy;
- Maintain flow and continuity of all lessons and ensure correct and accurate technique is instructed and lessons achieve positive results;
- Work within the current Co-Curricular Activities Department team and specifically the Basketball Team;
- Ensure training areas are set up before each lesson and area is left as found after coaching session, lesson plans are followed and lesson attendance is accurately recorded;
- Prepare appropriate lesson plans and show initiative in improving lesson plans;
- Attend regular workshops and meetings; and
- Take an active role in promoting the Basketball Program to the ISF community.
- Possess a current Level 1 instructor certification or equivalent from an internationally recognized association;
- Possess a current first aid and CPR certificate;
- At least three years’ experience in working as a basketball coach with children aged 5+;
- Willing to work irregular hours, as most activities take place in the late afternoon and weekend;
- Be passionate about teaching basketball to young children;
- Able to work independently with initiative and drive to make things happen;
- Fluency in English and/or Putonghua essential;
- Strong administrative skills with excellent command of Microsoft office and Google platform; and
- Additional coaching qualifications in other sports would be useful.
Please send in your completed forms together with full curriculum vitae and covering letter,
BY EMAIL to: email@example.com
BY MAIL to: HR Office, The ISF Academy, 1 Kong Sin Wan Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong (mark the position’s REF code on the envelope)