Short-Term Examinations Invigilator
- Prior to the beginning of the examination session, invigilators must familiarize themselves with the most recent versions of ‘The Conduct of IB Middle Years Program On-screen Examinations’, ‘The Conduct of IB Diploma Program Examinations’ and the ‘Use of Calculators in Examinations’ and documents published by the IB;
- The IB Exams invigilator is required to attend a training session with the DP Coordinators prior to start of the examination session to familiarize him/herself with the procedure for running exams for students, including students with Inclusive Access Requirements;
- During the examination session, invigilators are required to run the exams in conjunction with the DP Coordinators ensuring that each exam meets the standards laid out in the conduct of examinations documents;
- Invigilators are expected to arrive at the relevant exam room 20 minutes before each DP exam in order to help the Coordinator set up;
- After each examination, invigilators may also be required to help the Coordinators complete the procedures that conclude each exam such as the shutting down of computers, the storing of papers or the preparation for the next day’s exam; and
- At times when there is no exam, invigilators may be required to help the Coordinators with administrative work in preparation for subsequent exams. Such work may include photocopying, scanning, laminating and the like.
Periods of Employment
- End-November 2021 to Mid-January 2022 (approximately 10 specified working days during this period); or/and
- April to May 2022 (approximately 10-15 specified working days during this period).
- Experience of working or studying in school environment desirable;
- Permitted or registered teacher status in HK desirable;
- Relevant experience and understanding of the examination processes;
- Effective oral/written communication skills essential;
- Numeracy essential;
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential;
- Flexible approach to work essential;
- Ability to relate to academic staff and students essential; and
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines essential.
Please send in your completed forms together with full curriculum vitae and covering letter,
BY EMAIL to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BY MAIL to: HR Office, The ISF Academy, 1 Kong Sin Wan Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong (mark the position’s REF code on the envelope)