Laboratory Technician III
In the Faculty of Science at The ISF Academy, the Technicians are known as the ‘heart of house’. They are an integral part of the teaching and learning that happens in classrooms. Apart from preparing and maintaining the physical apparatus that supports the practical learning, technicians also participate in curriculum planning meetings, working directly with teachers to optimise teaching and learning.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join a growing team of technicians as The ISF Academy continues to provide the best science Education in Hong Kong.
- Assist the team-leader / Senior Laboratory Technician in coordinating the use of practical resources and facilities;
- Provide assistance and advice in meeting the practical needs of the science curriculum, including liaising with teaching staff and support staff outside the Science Faculty;
- Ensure the availability of suitable materials and equipment by compiling orders and liaising or negotiating with suppliers and finance office;
- Keep up-to-date stock records;
- Maintain the required standard of both routine and non-routine checking, cleaning, maintenance, calibration, testing and repairing of equipment; and
- Collect, check and return equipment to stores.
- Bachelor degree in Science or related discipline;
- With 1 to 2 years of relevant experience;
- Certificate for Laboratory Technicians is an asset, but not essential;
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (including Mandarin);
- Proficient in PC skills (e.g. MS Office Suite, Chinese Character Input); and
- Able to work independently and also a team player.
Please send in your completed forms together with full curriculum vitae and covering letter,
BY EMAIL to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BY MAIL to: HR Office, The ISF Academy, 1 Kong Sin Wan Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong (mark the position’s REF code on the envelope)