Sustainability Manager – Shuyuan
The ISF Academy Shuyuan is based on the classical Chinese learning sanctuary and the Platonic Academy; the goal of which is independent study and inquiry under the guidance of a master. Set in the 21st century, the courses that the Shuyuan program offers aim to promote deep and thoughtful scholarship in a multidisciplinary environment, allowing selected students to pursue challenging branches of knowledge beyond the regularly-taught curriculum.
These courses require long-term dedication, as the skills being developed are cumulative and form the foundation for rigorous, life-long learning. The courses offered are mainly geared to Secondary students but have tended to include courses in Primary and Pre-School. Our ultimate goals are the development of sound scholarship, solid academic study, challenging research opportunities, intellectual curiosity and practical wisdom.
- Develop the Shuyuan Sustainability Program, assess and evaluate the programs;
- Lead, plan and implement the ISF Board initiative of having campus carbon neutral;
- Coordinate the Shuyuan Sustainability Program Stewards and interested teachers, assess the PD needs, make recommendations and evaluate the program;
- Develop the capacity of teachers to integrate the academic performance data, well-being with the underlying principles of guidance and achievement;
- Develop the capacity of teachers to write and implement 21st Century curriculum that integrates the mission of Shuyuan;
- Manage the school wide ISF Sustainability Council;
- Manage all forms of communications and displays regarding Shuyuan Sustainability initiatives;
- Lead and manage the Green Fund – investments; and
- Works collaboratively across the whole school to share resources and promote academic performance, and well-being.
- Bachelor degree in related discipline;
- Knowledge and experience of managing operations & management contracts. Technical engineering expertise in the field;
- Confident communicator. Ability to share ideas and information clearly, concisely and accurately and diplomatically to a wide range of audiences: students, parents, teachers and friends of the Academy;
- Ability to document clearly, concisely and accurately the curricula program;
- Proven self-motivated and self-directed curriculum research and design skills;
- Resilient and self-aware;
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills; and
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (including Mandarin).
Please send in your completed forms together with full curriculum vitae and covering letter,
BY EMAIL to: email@example.com
BY MAIL to: HR Office, The ISF Academy, 1 Kong Sin Wan Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong (mark the position’s REF code on the envelope)